MH370 Timeline - Departure To Loss Of Contact/0052:21 MYT
00:52:21 MYT Saturday, 8 March 2014
This page provides details for events related to Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 which occurred at or near the time of 00:52:21 MYT Saturday, 8 March 2014.
Note: Malaysian Time (MYT) is Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) plus 8 hours. Return to Timeline
The Aircraft Condition Monitoring System (ACMS) generated the second Engine Health Monitoring (EHM) Report, a Climb Report.
The Climb Report would be transmitted via ACARS at 00:55:58 MYT to MAS, who would then submit the Report to the engine manufacturer Rolls Royce.
Safety Investigation Report MH370/01/2018 1.6.4 Airworthiness and Maintenance (8. Engine Health Monitoring)
On the occurrence flight, 2 EHM reports were transmitted; the first was a Take-off report generated at 1641:58 UTC, 07 March 2014 [0041:58 MYT, 08 March 2014] and the second was a Climb report at 1652:21 UTC, 07 March 2014 [0052:21 MYT, 08 March 2014]. Reports are transmitted by ACARS at convenient times during the flight (not necessarily at the time of generation/data capture). Both reports did not show any unusual engine behaviour. The data transmitted on these reports are shown in Appendix 1.6B - Engine Health Monitoring Decoded Data for Take-off and Climb Reports. The ACMS will also generate other pre-defined engine reports including engine parameters’ exceedance reports. However, no such EHM reports were received during the flight. Position reports are also transmitted, via ACARS, every 30 minutes. Refer to Section 1.9.4 for further details.
- Engine Health Monitoring (EHM) reports are generated automatically by the Aircraft Condition Monitoring System (ACMS).
- The first was generated at 00:41:58 MYT, 15 seconds after take-off and is therefore called the Take-off Report.
- The second EHM Report was a Climb Report generated at 1652:21 UTC, 07 March 2014 (0052:21 MYT, 08 March 2014).
- The Climb Report was sent to MAS by ACARS at 00:55:58 MYT over a satellite communications link.
- The engines on aircraft 9M-MRO were manufactured by Rolls Royce. Malaysia Airlines would submit the EHM reports to Rolls Royce for analysis on their behalf.
Documents and Related Articles