MH370 Timeline - End Of Flight/0700:42 MYT
07:00:42 MYT Saturday, 8 March 2014
This page provides details for events related to Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 which occurred at or near the time of 07:00:42 MYT Saturday, 8 March 2014.
Note: Malaysian Time (MYT) is Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) plus 8 hours. Return to Timeline
Malaysia Airlines Operations used ACARS to upload flight plan information for MH371, which is the normal return flight from Beijing to Kuala Lumpur.
The intention of this upload may have been to assist MH370 to return to Kuala Lumpur. Unfortunately, the initiative was unsuccessful.
The ACARS Traffic Log for MH370 (9M-MRO) released by the Ministry of Transport (Malaysia) in September 2018 includes several transmissions which were not included in appendices for the Safety Investigation Report MH370/01/2018 . One of those transmissions (the last item in the ACARS Traffic Log) is identified below. The message is explained in the Notes below.
Raw DTG SMI Application
FWZ XML FP for FE Route
FWZ FP Loop
- The message content is intended for the Flight Management System (FMS) on MH370.
- The content, however, was the flight planning information for a Malaysia Airlines flight MH371, as shown by the line:-
- MH371 is the normal return flight from flight from Beijing (ZBAA) to Kuala Lumpur (WMKK) shown by the lines:-
- This message was transmitted at 2300:42 UTC (0700:42 MYT) which is later than the expected arrival time of MH370 at Beijing. But by this time Malaysia Airlines staff suspected that MH370 did not proceed through Vietnamese airspace - see the transcript of a conversation at 0520:16 MYT
- One interpretation of this transmission is that Malaysia Airlines Operations uploaded flight plan information for MH371 to assist MH370 to return to Kuala Lumpur. Unfortunately, the initiative was unsuccessful.
Documents and Related Articles